- Millimeterwave System Analysis
- Demonstration and analysis of low-earth-orbit to ground link and realtime multi-Gigabit data transmission experiments
- Digital data processing and data aquisition.
L. Manoliu, R. Henneberger, A. Tessmann, J. Seidel, M. Eppard, I. Kallfass, "Impairments of Atmospheric Attenuation on a Wideband E-Band Outdoor Communication Link", in Proc. 2021 European Microwave Week (EuMW), London.
L. Manoliu, S. Kumari, I. Kallfass, "Variable-Coded Modulation and Error-Free Transmission Algorithms for an Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E-Band (71-76 GHz) Satellite Link", in Proc. 2021 38th Internation Communication Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC), 2021.
I. Kallfass, L. Manoliu, B. Schoch, M. Koller, S. Klinkner, J. Freese, A. Tessmann, R.
Henneberger, "Towards the Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E/W-Band Satellite Communication
Link", 2021 IEEE MTT-S International Wireless Symposium (IWS), 2021, pp. 1-3, doi:
M. Koller, L. Loidold, L. Manoliu, J. Meier, I. Kallfass, and S. Klinkner, “The EIVE Cubesat - Developing a Satellite Bus for a 71-76 GHz E-Band Transmitter Payload," 35th Annual Small Satellite Conference, Logan, Utah, 2021.
L. Manoliu, B. Schoch, M. Koller, J. Wieczorek, S. Klinkner and I. Kallfass, “High-speed FPGA-Based Payload Computer for an In-Orbit Verification of a 71-76 GHz Satellite Downlink”, 2021 IEEE Space Hardware and Radio Conference (SHaRC), San Diego, CA, USA, DOI: 10.1109/SHaRC51853.2021.9375827.
L. Manoliu, B. Schoch, and I. Kallfass, “FPGA Based Reconfigurable On-Board Payload Processing for an Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E-Band (71-76 GHz) Satellite Link (EIVE),” in Proc. 5th ESA SpacE FPGA Users Workshop, Noordwijk, 2020.
B. Schoch, L. Manoliu, J. Keim, S. Chartier, S. Klinkner, and I. Kallfass, “Link budget analysis of E- and W-band satellite services,” in 25th Ka and Broadband Communications Conference, Sorrento, pp. 1--8, 2019.
L. Manoliu, C. Grötsch and I. Kallfass, " Design and Optimization of Mixers Using Load-Pull Analysis of Higher Order Intermodulation Products," 2019 12th German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), Stuttgart, Germany, 2019, pp. 135-138.
I.A. Mocanu and L. Manoliu, " Dual Band Metamaterial Power Divider with Improved Relative Bandwidth for LTE Applications," 2019 12th German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), Stuttgart, Germany, 2019, pp. 36-39.
L. Manoliu and I.A. Mocanu, " Investigation of the directional coupler composed of micro-strip metamaterial transmission lines," 2016 39th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), Vienna, Austria, 2016, pp. 170-173.
- FPGA Programming for an Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E-Band (71-76 GHz) Satellite Link
- DC Board Design with current and voltage monitoring
- E-Band link budget calculation and characterization
- System automation for the EIVE-T project
Offering topics also in the University of Stuttgart SUPER Programme
- ILH - Performance analysis of fully integrated transmit and receive RF frontends used in ultra-high data rate wireless communication links
Seminar Selected Topics on Power and Microwave Electronics (Summer Semester)
Basic Internship / Lab (at ILH)
Mentor in the TryScience Program at University of Stuttgart
- Online, onboard data processing for high data rate communications systems applied in the EIVE satellite mission
- Radiation Mitigation Techniques for EIVE Satellite Mission Payload Computer
- EVM investigation and optimization for the on-board self-developed AWG implemented on the FPGA for a satellite mission
- FPGA implementation of an adaptive, real-time, energy-efficient data rate tuning algorithm
- FPGA implementation of energy-efficient real-time image compression algorithms
- Analogue filters implementation for improving the EVM for the EIVE satellite mission