- Millimeterwave System Analysis
- Demonstration and analysis of low-earth-orbit to ground link and realtime multi-Gigabit data transmission experiments
- Digital data processing and data aquisition.
L. Manoliu, R. Henneberger, A. Tessmann, J. Seidel, M. Eppard, I. Kallfass, "Impairments of Atmospheric Attenuation on a Wideband E-Band Outdoor Communication Link", in Proc. 2021 European Microwave Week (EuMW), London.
L. Manoliu, S. Kumari, I. Kallfass, "Variable-Coded Modulation and Error-Free Transmission Algorithms for an Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E-Band (71-76 GHz) Satellite Link", in Proc. 2021 38th Internation Communication Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC), 2021 doi: 10.1049/icp.2022.0568 .
I. Kallfass, L. Manoliu, B. Schoch, M. Koller, S. Klinkner, J. Freese, A. Tessmann, R. Henneberger, "Towards the Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E/W-Band Satellite Communication Link", 2021 IEEE MTT-S International Wireless Symposium (IWS), 2021, pp. 1-3, doi: 10.1109/IWS52775.2021.9499586.
M. Koller, L. Loidold, L. Manoliu, J. Meier, I. Kallfass, and S. Klinkner, “The EIVE Cubesat - Developing a Satellite Bus for a 71-76 GHz E-Band Transmitter Payload," 35th Annual Small Satellite Conference, Logan, Utah, 2021.
L. Manoliu, B. Schoch, M. Koller, J. Wieczorek, S. Klinkner and I. Kallfass, “High-speed FPGA-Based Payload Computer for an In-Orbit Verification of a 71-76 GHz Satellite Downlink”, 2021 IEEE Space Hardware and Radio Conference (SHaRC), San Diego, CA, USA, DOI: 10.1109/SHaRC51853.2021.9375827.
L. Manoliu, B. Schoch, and I. Kallfass, “FPGA Based Reconfigurable On-Board Payload Processing for an Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E-Band (71-76 GHz) Satellite Link (EIVE),” in Proc. 5th ESA SpacE FPGA Users Workshop, Noordwijk, 2020.
B. Schoch, L. Manoliu, J. Keim, S. Chartier, S. Klinkner, and I. Kallfass, “Link budget analysis of E- and W-band satellite services,” in 25th Ka and Broadband Communications Conference, Sorrento, pp. 1--8, 2019.
L. Manoliu, C. Grötsch and I. Kallfass, " Design and Optimization of Mixers Using Load-Pull Analysis of Higher Order Intermodulation Products," 2019 12th German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), Stuttgart, Germany, 2019, pp. 135-138.
I.A. Mocanu and L. Manoliu, " Dual Band Metamaterial Power Divider with Improved Relative Bandwidth for LTE Applications," 2019 12th German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), Stuttgart, Germany, 2019, pp. 36-39.
L. Manoliu and I.A. Mocanu, " Investigation of the directional coupler composed of micro-strip metamaterial transmission lines," 2016 39th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), Vienna, Austria, 2016, pp. 170-173.
- FPGA Programming for an Exploratory In-Orbit Verification of an E-Band (71-76 GHz) Satellite Link
- DC Board Design with current and voltage monitoring
- E-Band link budget calculation and characterization
- System automation for the EIVE-T project
Offering topics also in the University of Stuttgart SUPER Programme
- ILH - Performance analysis of fully integrated transmit and receive RF frontends used in ultra-high data rate wireless communication links
Seminar Selected Topics on Power and Microwave Electronics (Summer Semester)
Basic Internship / Lab (at ILH)
Mentor in the TryScience Program at University of Stuttgart (2021/2022)
- Channel modeling and investigation of atmospheric effects on E-Band (71-76 GHz and 81-86 GHz) communication links
- EVM investigation and optimization for the on-board self-developed AWG implemented on the FPGA for a satellite mission
- FPGA implementation of an adaptive, real-time, energy-efficient data rate tuning algorithm
- FPGA implementation of energy-efficient real-time image compression algorithms
- Analogue filters implementation for improving the EVM for the EIVE satellite mission
- Online, onboard data processing for high data rate communications systems applied in the EIVE satellite mission
- Radiation Mitigation Techniques for EIVE Satellite Mission Payload Computer